FOR OUR SPONSORS
A Letter to Our Sponsors
Southwest Women’s Oncology & Health has recently partnered with Optimum Clinical Research Group, LLC. We finished renovating a state-of-the-art facility in November of 2020 and are excited to enroll participants for trials. While we are now independent of the New Mexico Cancer Care Alliance (NMCCA), our goal is to provide an Academic Medical Center experience and the speed and efficiency of a privately owned practice!
Our clinic comprises both a women’s health clinic and a gynecologic oncology clinic with an onsite pharmacy and large infusion suite. Our clinic is staffed with both gynecologists and gynecologic oncologists. Our site PI Dr. Finkelstein is recognized as a Master Surgeon for the DaVinci Robotic system and is recognized as a distinguished Surgeon of Excellence for minimally invasive laparoscopic procedures. She is the leading provider and expert in her field in the state of New Mexico. She treats complex gynecologic conditions and gynecologic oncology patients.
Dr. Finkelstein has been recognized two times in the past by the National Cancer Institute for her service and as a highest enroller to the NCI-NCORP program. We are actively working on expanding our trial offerings, including women’s health and gynecology, primary care, exercise & environmental medicine, and integrative therapeutics.
We have built a robust clinical research infrastructure. We are committed to providing our research participants with a safe and enjoyable research experience while also providing our industry partners with clean, usable data.
A few highlights of our program:
- Large and diverse patient population (approximately 50% Native American).
- Large referral network ranging from Colorado, El Paso, Arizona, and New Mexico, including the Navajo Nation & Pueblo communities.
- Our Investigators have more than 15 years of clinical research experience on phase I-IV complex therapeutic, investigator-initiated, academic, cooperative group, and industry-sponsored trials.
- Experience with observational, prospective, and patient-centered outcomes studies.
- Three physicians and four mid-level providers, all extensively credentialed in clinical research through CITI Program.
- Two clinics onsite, a gynecologic oncology clinic and a women’s health clinic.
- Large onsite infusion suite.
- State-of-the-art facility with a class B1 compounding pharmacy that includes two Compounding Aseptic Containment Isolator hoods and the ability to store IP at ambient, refrigerated, -20, & -80 temperatures.
- Fully equipped research dedicated CLIA waived laboratory, including a -80 degree freezer, -20 freezer, lab-grade refrigerator, refrigerated centrifuge, dry ice, liquid nitrogen, tissue banking ability.
- The Pharmacy and lab are both equipped with the newest state-of-the-art wireless 21 CFR part 11 compliant environmental alert monitoring system through Thermo Fisher Scientific.
- In-house 12 lead ECG machine and interpretation.
- Investments in a fully integrated eSource, eReg, CTMS solution through CRIO (Clinical Research IO) to ensure efficiency and compliance.
- Dedicated and experienced clinical research team.
- Firm commitment to rapid turn-around time for budgets, CTA’s, and regulatory documents.
- Experience with vaccine trials
- GOG member site
- IBC registered with the NIH through Advarra
- 100% remote monitoring capability
If you are a Sponsor interested in working with us, please contact us via the below email. We welcome the opportunity to discuss our site and how we might partner together!
A member of our experienced clinical research team will respond to you within 24 hours.
“They were very empathetic, very knowledgeable, very efficient and they are my friends today. I love them all. I come in here just to say hi to everybody and Dr. Finkelstein. I have complete and total trust in her and her abilities. Everything she has told me and done is just above board and I have complete faith in her.”
“I was so comforted and excited to have someone listen and hear what I had to say and actually supported me. I appreciated the balance immensely of true knowledge and willingness to be open to what I was finding in regard to alternative medicine.”
“I’m grateful that Karen came into my life. She has so much integrity and love for her patients and if you end up here you are in a good place.”
“She made sure I understood everything. If I had questions after hours, I could always call her on her cell. I never felt like I was a burden. I know Dr. Finkelstein is here for me.”
“I was very impressed when I met Dr. Finkelstein. She was relatable. She has two young children and a career. I have two young children and a career.”
To help women triumph over their gynecologic and oncology needs in a warm and nurturing way.