A LETTER TO OUR SPONSORS
Southwest Women’s Oncology has recently started our own clinical research program in Albuquerque, NM – Optimum Clinical Research Group. We finished renovating a state-of-the-art facility November of 2020 and are excited to start enrolling subjects for trials. While we are now independent from the New Mexico Cancer Care Alliance (NMCCA), our goal is to provide an Academic Medical Center experience but with the speed and efficiency of a privately owned practice!
We have built an incredibly strong clinical research infrastructure and are committed to providing our research participants with a safe and enjoyable research experience, while also providing our industry partners with clean, usable data.
A few highlights of our program:
- Large and diverse patient population (approximately 40% American/Alaskan Native)
- Three physicians and four mid-level providers, extensively credentialed in clinical research through CITI program.
- Large on-site infusion suite.
- State-of-the-art facility with a class B1 compounding pharmacy that includes two Compounding Aseptic Containment Isolator hoods and ability to store IP at ambient, refrigerated, -20, and -80 degree temperatures.
- Fully equipped laboratory, including a -80 degree freezer, -20 freezer, lab grade refrigerator, refrigerated centrifuge, dry ice, liquid nitrogen, tissue banking ability, and the newest state of the art wireless 21 CFR part 11 compliant environmental alert monitoring system through ThermoFisher Scientific.
- In house 12 lead ECG machine and interpretation.
- Investments in eSource and eRegulatory to ensure efficiency and compliance.
- Dedicated and experienced clinical research team.
- Firm commitment to rapid turn-around time for budgets, CTAs, and regulatory documents
- Extensive GCP/HSP training
- GOG partner site
We have 15+ years of experience with late phase I-III industry sponsored, NCI, and NCTN cooperative group studies with gynecologic cancers, sarcoma and solid tumors, melanoma, cancer vaccine, cancer control & prevention, and qualitative studies.
“They were very empathetic, very knowledgeable, very efficient and they are my friends today. I love them all. I come in here just to say hi to everybody and Dr. Finkelstein. I have complete and total trust in her and her abilities. Everything she has told me and done is just above board and I have complete faith in her.”
“I was so comforted and excited to have someone listen and hear what I had to say and actually supported me. I appreciated the balance immensely of true knowledge and willingness to be open to what I was finding in regard to alternative medicine.”
“I’m grateful that Karen came into my life. She has so much integrity and love for her patients and if you end up here you are in a good place.”
“She made sure I understood everything. If I had questions after hours, I could always call her on her cell. I never felt like I was a burden. I know Dr. Finkelstein is here for me.”
“I was very impressed when I met Dr. Finkelstein. She was relatable. She has two young children and a career. I have two young children and a career.”
To help women triumph over their gynecologic and oncology needs in a warm and nurturing way.