A LETTER TO OUR SPONSORS
Southwest Women’s Oncology has recently started our own clinical research program in Albuquerque, NM – Optimum Clinical Research Group. We finished renovating a state-of-the-art facility November of 2020 and are excited to start enrolling subjects for trials. While we are now independent from the New Mexico Cancer Care Alliance (NMCCA), our goal is to provide an Academic Medical Center experience but with the speed and efficiency of a privately owned practice!
We have built an incredibly strong clinical research infrastructure and are committed to providing our research participants with a safe and enjoyable research experience, while also providing our industry partners with clean, usable data.
A few highlights of our program:
- Large and diverse patient population (approximately 40% American/Alaskan Native)
- Three physicians and four mid-level providers, extensively credentialed in clinical research through CITI program.
- Large on-site infusion suite.
- State-of-the-art facility with a class B1 compounding pharmacy that includes two Compounding Aseptic Containment Isolator hoods and ability to store IP at ambient, refrigerated, -20, and -80 degree temperatures.
- Fully equipped laboratory, including a -80 degree freezer, -20 freezer, lab grade refrigerator, refrigerated centrifuge, dry ice, liquid nitrogen, tissue banking ability, and the newest state of the art wireless 21 CFR part 11 compliant environmental alert monitoring system through ThermoFisher Scientific.
- In house 12 lead ECG machine and interpretation.
- Investments in eSource and eRegulatory to ensure efficiency and compliance.
- Dedicated and experienced clinical research team.
- Firm commitment to rapid turn-around time for budgets, CTAs, and regulatory documents
- Extensive GCP/HSP training
- GOG partner site
We have 15+ years of experience with late phase I-III industry sponsored, NCI, and NCTN cooperative group studies with gynecologic cancers, sarcoma and solid tumors, melanoma, cancer vaccine, cancer control & prevention, and qualitative studies.